Maharashtra VAT Return Filing Periodicity FY 2017-18
- Finally, the Maharashtra Sales Tax Department has come with its clarification of return filing of VAT and CST in Maharashtra for period from April 2016 onwards.
- As GST is expected to come in force from 01/07/2017 , Department of Sales Tax had decided to not to change periodicity for the Financial Year 2017-18 for VAT and CST Return Filing
- Download file to check periodicity for FY 2017- 18 Click to download file – PERIODICITY_2017-18
Why it is important to File Timely VAT Return for FY 2017-18 ?
- The amount of credit which is mentioned as carried forward in return of VAT for immediately preceding period before appointed day, same can be entered in GST electronic credit ledger, i.e. can be used for paying output tax under GST
- VAT return should be filed within 90 days of enactment of GST.
- If return of VAT is not filed in due time then there are changes that credit become ineligible to carry forward.
visit us at www.anbca.com