Step 1: Choose name of the society. While choosing name of the Society be careful that the name is not identical or similar to the existing name of n any society as per Societies Act, 1860.
Step 2: Memorandum of a society containing rules and regulations shall be signed by all the founders witnessed by the Oath Commissioner duly notarized with stamp and complete address
Step 3: Application for Registration can be either done with the Registrar of Societies at the State Level or District Magistrate of the Registrar of Societies at the district level.
Step 4: The application can be submitted along with following documents-
- Memorandum of Association
- Consent letters of all the members
- Authority letter duly signed by all the members
- An affidavit sworn by the president or Secretary of the Society executed on non-judicial stamp paper along with court fees.
- a declaration by the members of the managing committee that the funds of the society will be used only for the purpose for which the society is being formed.
Note: The above documents must be submitted in duplicate to the Registrar of Societies
Minimum Requirements for Society Registration
- 1 Passport size photo & proof of identity of all the members of the Society
- 1 Passport size photo & proof of identity of the witnesses
Section 8 Company
Step 1: Apply for DIN and DSC of the proposed Directors.
Step 2: Apply for Name availability and make sure that the name applied is not resembling the existing company.
Step 3: Once name is approved apply to Registrar of Companies with all documents for getting the Certificate of Incorporation of the Company.
Step 4: Obtain License from the Registrar by filling form INC-12
Step 5: Follow up with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Minimum requirements for Section 8
Members : Minimum 2 members are required.
Capital : There is no such capital adequacy
DIN : For 2 members.
DSC : Digital Signature Certificate will be required for all directors
Address : Address proof like Rent agreement / Light Bill for the registered address is required.
Indian : Minimum of 1 Director must be resident of India
2. Which type of activities are covered under section 8 Company?
Section 8 Company can be incorporated to promote science, arts, research, sports, Social Welfare, education, charity, protection of Environment etc.
3. What are the documents required for registration of section 8 Company?
-Proof of identity of all the Directors,
– Proof of Address of all the Directors
– NOC from the owner of the registered address of the Company
-PAN cards are mandatory
– Identity proof and address proof from the landlord of the Company