Legal Provision for OSP DOT License Registration
OSP/DOT Registration mandatory as per the New Telecom Policy (NTP) 1999, service providers in India business which are in providing services like tele-banking, telemedicine, tele-education, tele-trading, e-commerce, call centre, network operation centre and other IT Enabled Services, using telecom resources are termed as “Other Service Providers” (OSP). These Other Service Providers or OSP’s are required to obtain a OSP Registration from the Department of Telecommunication (DOT). Hence call centre companies need to follow legal provision of licensing of DOT OSP Registration.
Applicability of OSP Registration
- BPO & KPO in domestic or/and International Processes
- All telemarketers
Basic Conditions for OSP Registration
- Company or Limited Liability Partnership Firm Can only apply
- OSP Shall take services of Telecom from Registered Vendors only
- Submit network diagram to Department of Telecommunication
- Take Internet services from Registered ISP
- Provide declaration as per legal provisions
Benefit of OSP Registration
- Fulfilling legal requirement for running a business of call centre.
- Some of Foreign & Indian clients ask for OSP License before & after giving project.
- Avoid legal consequence for running business without valid license
Documents for OSP/DOT Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation of Company or LLP
- AOA & MOA or Partnership deed in case of LLP
- Board Resolution
- List of Directors
- List of Share Holders
- Form A
All the documents must be certified with seal by either Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors or Public Notary.
What are Compliances for OSP License ?
- Submit Annul Returns at Department of Telecommunication at end of financial year
- Inform change in OSP License to Department
- Maintain compliance with the Terms and Conditions prescribed by the Department of Telecommunication
- No PSTN connectivity shall be permitted to the International OSP at the Indian end. PSTN connectivity on the foreign end is permitted, having facility of both inbound and outbound calls
What is Validity & Government fees of OSP Registration ?
20 Years is the validity of OSP Registration from date of registration
Government fees of Rs. 1000/- shall be applicable for OSP Registration
What Are other Registrations Required for Call Center ?
Following licenses required for Call center
1. Company Registration or LLP Registration
2. Provident Fund Registration
3. ESIC Registration
4. GST Registration